Just click on the image to see it bigger!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ervin Drue Cheney - Patriarchal Blessing

Dear Children,

I read this last night when Emily had me get a picture of Grandpa Cheney to send to Nicole for the Cheney family history blog.  I wanted to share it with all of you.  The Patriarch who gave the blessing was Nephi L. Smith.  His father was Lot Smith.  Lot Smith and Nephi Smith's lives spanned the history of the church.  Lot was converted at the time the gospel was first restored.  Nephi L. Smith was instrumental in getting Dad back into the church.  I add my testimony that all of the Prophets of God in these latter days were special men and if we heed their counsel we will be blessed.  My father lived the admonitions in his Patriarchal Blessing and was greatly blessed.  I encourage you to do the same and you will be blessed in your lives.  I love you all and pray that you will all be blessed in your righteous endeavors.


Dad (Alan Cheney)

No comments:

Post a Comment